Heura® tacos with avocado and pickled onion
- 4 people
- 30-40 min
For the pickled onion:
- 1 red onion
- 150 ml lemon juice
- 150 ml rice vinegar
For the plant-based sour cream:
- 1 soy yoghurt pot
- ½ lime
For the spiced Heura® strips:
- 400 g Heura® Tiras Originales
- Ground cumin
- Curry powder
- Smoked paprika
- Ground ginger
- 200 ml orange juice
- 1 Tbsp tomato sauce
For the tacos:
- White corn tortillas
- Refried beans
- Spiced Heura® strips (prepared in advance)
- 2 avocados
- Pickled onion (prepared in advance)
- 2 tomatoes
- Plant-based sour cream (prepared in advance)
- Coriander (optional)
- Lime (optional)
- 1For the pickled onion: julienne the onion, mix with lemon juice and rice vinegar. Refrigerate in an airtight container for 24h.
- 2For the plant-based sour cream: mix yoghurt and lime juice and set aside until served so that the mixture acidifies.
- 3For spiced Heura® strips: mix the Heura® strips in a bowl with the spices and a little salt, then brown in a pan with oil.
- 4Add the orange juice and tomato sauce, then cook until the mixture is reduced and browned.
- 5For the tacos: heat the corn tortillas and set aside in a folded cloth to keep them warm.
- 6Fill the tortilla with a base of refried beans, add the Heura® strips, diced avocado and tomato, and top with pickled onion.
- 7Serve with plant-based sour cream, and optional coriander and lime juice.